Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

Due to some family issues going on, I went to the barn before Halloween and took these pictures, but figured I'd wait till today to post them.

I love Halloween, because it's the only day you can put anything on that you desire, and people can't call you out on it. Plaid and stripes? No problem. Fairy wings and a water gun? Great. No one can say you're crazy, since it's a costume!!
Haha!!

So....I thought long and hard about what to make my horse dress up as for Halloween. Now, he's sorta white, and really big, and loves to mow down anything in his way to get food. So....I searched through my spare fabric reserves and spent many a minute sewing it. I dressed him up...any guesses as to what his costume is?? Ok, ok, a sailor collar isn't a good enough hint...


Maybe seeing his hat will help...

He's the StayPuft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters!!!


 He was such a good sport for the whole thing, holding still for his sailor collar to be put on, and then I showed him the hat, and after trying to eat it, I held it over his head. I plopped it on and he lowered his head and held still while I tied it under his throat. I snapped a few pictures before relieving him of his embarrassing getup, but he seemed unaffected by it and probably would've worn it for as long as I asked.
This was just for fun, no costume contest or event, just because I could. I've already got plans for next year....

2 comments:

Phoebe Ophelia said...

Oh, dear. I laughed until I started coughing and tears rolled down. Thanks, Tori!

Carol said...

Awwww...
Altivo makes a great Stay Puff Marshmallow man!! I love seeing horsey costumes. If I had a trailer, going to shows and taking part in costume classes would be on my short list of things Griffin and I would do :)